Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Krystal and the Panhandler

The following story was shared with me by a young lady named Krystal. I am posting it here as an example of a random act of kindness in support of someone in need. (Thank you, Krystal, for sharing this.)
Hello, my name is Krystal,  I came across your blog, and I wish to share my story about helping a panhandler:

One day, my mom and I were on our way to my psychotherapy session around (at the time). As we were walking down 23rd St and heading towards 5th Ave,we've noticed the regular panhandler (he's in his 20's) and his brown Labrador Retriever. Mom had a conversation with him and things so far have been difficult for him, and I've felt a nudge from within to offer him something to eat, so I did, despite lacking time to buy him something to eat. On our way home, we saw him again and I asked him if he wanted anything from the 7 Eleven that was two blocks away from his location, and he said yes. So, with the spare $10 in my wallet, I've bought him a Big Gulp cup of Coca-Cola and four slices of cheese pizza. We gave him said food and he said that we didn't have to do that for him, but he really appreciated it.

* I didn't reveal his name to protect his identity

No comments:

Post a Comment