Saturday, February 27, 2010

Help Alleviate Hunger with One Click

About ten years ago, when I was working at NASA, a colleague brought The Hunger Site to my attention. "All you have to do is go there and click, and food will be donated to hungry people," she said.

Now that seemed unrealistic. I was certain that she had misunderstood. However, the name of the site was easy to remember: The Hunger Site. So, I typed in www.thehungersite.com to see what was really the situation, and, sure enough, my colleague was correct! The site is free. All you have to do is take the time to go and clock. (Of course, if you would like to buy something from one or more of the sponsors, then even more food is given to the hungry people of the world, but purchases are not necessary.)

Today, a decade later, the site is still running. To the hunger program have been added additional ones: donations for breast cancer, rain forest, literacy, child health, and animal rescue. All of these donations only require a click!

I try to go there every day. Obviously, I have not remembered -- or found the time -- to go every day for ten years, but I have, indeed, gone often enough to know that much food has been donated as a result of very little effort by me. I encourage all who have wandered onto this page to check out The Hunger Site. Clicking is fast and easy. As the Nike ad says: Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment