Chris at Enchanted Oak is raising money for Haiti through blogging. For each person who participates with a list, a poem, or a prose piece about the joy of simple things, her family will donate $2.00 to Heartline Ministries for their medical clinic and other programs in Haiti. The Heartline Ministries blog by John McHoul will tell you more about what they are doing.
Here are the rules:
Post your piece this weekend and include a link to her blog. Then pop in there to say you’ve posted your “Simple Things.” Post by midnight, Pacific time, Sunday, and don’t forget to link with her blog and notify her that you’ve posted. She will allow you to borrow the “Simple Things” photo. If you don’t have a blog, a comment on her blog will count too if you tell her so.
And here is my list of simple things:
1. A whispy breeze on a hot day.
2. A ray of sunshine on a cold day.
3. The smile of a stranger on a sad day.
4. The affectionate face lick of a cat (or dog).
5. A heartfelt hug from just about anyone.
6. Watching someone you have taught achieve an understanding of something new.
7. A sense of God's love.
8. Sharing a meal with someone hungry.
9. Family (under any circumstances).
10. Shared prayer.
Now, please go share yours!
5 days ago